Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hordes at Food Expo

Quick photo post...

Monday I wound up at the Food Expo at Wanchai Convention Center by accident. I'd read about it earlier, but decided not to go because it sounded like a trade show with everyday packaged foods.

Well, turns out you can get DEALS on everyday packaged foods, so everybody and their mother-in-law was there. Everybody.







Something that takes getting used to in HK is that there is *no stock* because there is *no space.* Any type of furniture, for example, takes six weeks or more for delivery. No place to store it. Never mind large quantities of cheap food. So no Costco or Wal-Mart or BevMo.

Instead there is a mad frenzy wheelie carts stuffed with mooncakes and XO sauce at the Convention Center.

Perhaps next year when my passion for Lee Kum Kee and other staple brands has intensified, I'll be there with my wheelie cart too.

No comments:

Post a Comment